Monday, November 2, 2009

you lose yourself, you reappear. you suddenly find you got nothing to fear.

went to a memorial for my aunt Annie who passed away in august, the picture above is my mom, grandpa and aunt in black when they were younger. my aunt was and is one of the greatest, strongest, generous, free spirited, and driven woman i know, among so many other great things. my second mom, the places that have meant so much to me like Paris, and Puerto Rico which i experienced with her will never be the same, but her spirit will surround their beauty, i know it. so in her honor we celebrated her life in typical Annie family/friend style, lots of food, alcohol, laughter, tears and funny faces.

old people like to party--you better believe it.

sista, sista.bitch is probably wearing my underwear as we take this.

as sisters we feel we owe it to each other to pick each others noses. the least we can do for each other.

my mom thinks my face is ugly.

if my aunt was still here i know she would be making funny faces with me. missing her.
love you.

g.

2 comments:

ines said...

mama doesn't think your face is ugly! you just make ugly faces.

ines said...

awww...Annie. i miss her. I love you Annie!